End-to-end Vehicle Safety, Quality, and Operational Efficiency
TÜV SÜD provides interdisciplinary, single-source automotive engineering expertise and partners with manufacturers to support them in the production of safe vehicles in a cost-effective manner by adhering to sustainable high quality standards that comply with both national and international standards and regulations.
Our services range from initial design reviews, vehicle and components testing, technical expert opinion through to homologation and post market retail services. Powered by the latest information on quality and safety standards and employing the latest technical and quality management methodologies and equipment.
TÜV SÜD's Automotive Services at a glance
Consultancy throughout the entire product lifecycle
Technical consultancy, from initial design reviews to expert opinion on vehicle design and technology. Interpreting international safety and quality standards/regulations throughout the entire vehicle lifecycle.
- Integrated quality assurance (IQA) service - a 360 degree view on a supplier from design, through to manufacturing and quality management systems and quality awareness of staff to pre-shipment inspections.
- 2nd party supplier audits e.g. ISO, ECE, INMETRO to ensure consistent component quality and performance to your specific supplier criteria.
Vehicle & Component Testing
A wide range of vehicle and component tests to all relevant national, international and customer specific quality and safety standards. Leveraging our network of ISO 17025-accredited laboratories, we conduct chemical, electrical mechanical, and functional testing.
Management System Certification
Audits and management system certification to several international management system standards for quality, safety and environmental standards. These include:
- ISO 9001 Management System
- ISO 14001 Management System
- OHSAS 18001 Management System
- ISO/TS 16949 Management System
- INMETRO Directive 301/2011
Homologation and Type Approvals
For market export, you will need to comply with the legal and technical requirements of the homologation procedure. TÜV SÜDs experienced engineers will guide you through even the most comprehensive of homologation projects, from the initial assessment and application, support for new vehicle concept approvals through to entire project management and training on homologation requirements and type approval procedures.
- INMETRO Directive 301/2011
- ECE R100
We provide the required technical report to obtain the type approval or homologation certificate by the relevant authorities.
Assess the conformity of production (COP) of components and accessories.
Training programs on automotive regulations and standards, directives and quality standards updates.
Post-Market Launch Services
Our portfolio of services for post-market launch includes:
- Vehicle and used car management
- Damage assessment and value appraisals
- Optimization of quality and processes
- Shop and dealership performance audits
- Environment and occupational safety services
- Used car strategic solutions