Exporting to India
Any material manufacturer or component manufacturer of boilers, boiler piping, mountings, fittings and valves for use in India must comply with the Indian Boiler Regulation 1950 or IBR.
TÜV SÜD is recognized by the Central Boilers Board in India as an Inspecting Authority and Competent Authority. TÜV SÜD has inspectors stationed in the U.S.
and a global network of IBR inspectors for coverage where materials and pressure equipment may be sourced.
IBR Services Include
- Inspection, testing, and certification of pipes/tubes (Form III-A)
- Design review and approval of fittings and valves (Form III-C)
- Inspection, testing, and certification of materials (Form IV-A)
- Witnessing of tests required by the Indian Boiler Regulation 1950, or the Code approved by the Central Boilers Board for specific products, for IBR purposes only
- Fabrication supervision and weld quality inspections
- Witnessing of welding of test specimen for procedure and/or welder certification
- Witnessing of nondestructive and destructive tests of welded test pieces in laboratory
- Certifying of welders and welding procedures
- Re-certification of welders (Form XII and XIII)