Drive the push for cleaner fuel sources
The rising cost of traditional automotive fuels and the push for environmentally cleaner technologies have been favoring alternative fuel technologies such as Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Hydrogen (H2) are emerging as strong and viable alternatives.
These technologies require the development, testing and certification of all specific components or systems capable of safely handling the fuels in various vehicular applications to extreme ambient conditions.
TÜV SÜD America holds all necessary accreditations, through TÜV SÜD, for type approval and certification in accordance with all relevant national and international regulations. TÜV SÜD America can provide a variety of engineering and testing services that will support alternative fuel technologies manufacturers, but not limited to:
- component and system qualification, testing and certification (ex. high pressure valves, regulators, pressure sensors, fittings, flexible hoses, receptacles & nozzles, pressure relief devices, steel / aluminum / composite cylinders, CNG/H2 fuel storage systems, fuel stations etc.)
- design and product consultancy, e.g. on innovative applications, component optimization, application of national and international standards and regulations
- safety and system analyses
- evaluation of hazard sources and possible failure mechanisms
- reliability analyses
- lab assessment to ISO 17025 for testing of CNG/H2 components/systems
- manufacturers quality audits
- interaction with the European Authorities for the issuance of CNG/H2 certificates
For more information about our Alternative Fuel Technologies services, contact us directly by phone or mail:
TÜV SÜD America, Inc.
10040 Mesa Rim Road
San Diego, CA USA 92121
Manager Alternative Fuels
Industry Service Division
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (949) 285-4519