TL 9000 Quality Management System for Telecommunications
TL 9000 quality managment system for Telecommunications is the first unified set of QMS quality system requirements and metrics designed specifically for the telecommunications industry. TL 9000 encompasses the ISO 9001 standard verbatim, plus additional industry-specific telecom requirements. The TL 9000 quality management system is applied by telecom manufacturers and suppliers engaged in the design, development, production, delivery, installation, and maintenance of telecommunications products and services.
Applicable to over 10,000 telecommunications suppliers worldwide, the TL 9000 standard marks the first time the telecommunications industry has worked together to develop a uniform quality system requirement. TL 9000 Requirements Release 5.0 is the current version and became effective November 15, 2009.
Training related to requirements and measurements can be found on the QuEST Forum Web site.
Release 5.0 includes the recent ISO 9001:2008 updates and provides additional requirements for the following key areas:
- Hardware / Software development and life-cycle management
- Specialized service functions such as installation and engineering
- Risk Management
- Supplier Performance Management
- Industry performance based measurements including reliability, delivery, and service quality
TÜV SÜD America is accredited by ANAB (ANSI / ASQ National Accreditation Board) to provide certification services for TL 9000 Quality Management System for Telecommunications. In addition, TÜV SÜD provides, thorough its division TÜV SÜD BABT, the services of Production Quality Certification (PQC); and full-quality assurance (FQA) approval under the Radio & Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive.
Benefits of Certification
- Decreases costs of product life cycle management, audits, supplier management expenses, and general operations
- Delivers improvements in
- Performance in manufacturing and service
- Reliability of processes and production
- Life-cycle management
- Supply chain efficiencies
- Employee teamwork
- Increases the efficiency of external audits and site visits
- Ensures operational consistency
- Quantifies performance results
- Provides access to a greater customer base
- Enhances competitive position
- Improves customer service and overall satisfaction
- Establishes a method to gather and measure quality and performance data
- Demonstrates a commitment to product quality and
customer value through focus on cycle-time reductions; on-time deliveries; return rates; reliability; and defect elimination
- Demonstrates the company's accountability and focus on continual improvement
- Enables the development of stronger customer/supplier relationships