The ENEC (European Norms Electrical Certification) certification scheme has gained great popularity in the European Union as a valuable addition to the CE marking.
Governed by CENELEC the ENEC program shows that a product has meet the safety requirements in Europe by testing to EN (European Norm) standards via a third party lab which is independent of the manufacturer or importer. CE allows for self-declaration and does not require independent testing;hence marks such as ENEC have become increasingly important since they convey true
third party approval.
TÜV SÜD is a proud member of the ENEC program offering testing and handling the approval process.
The ENEC Mark Demonstrates:
- Compliance to EN safety standards and performance testing requirements
- Useof a quality system according to ISO 9000
- Verified production control or factory inspections
- Ongoing retests to ensure compliance
ENEC Mark Scope Covers the Following Products:
- Luminaries and associated components
- Power supply units
- Switches for appliances
- IT equipment
- Automatic electrical controls
- Household products*
- Connecting devices, suppression capacitors and filters
More information about the program : ENEC