Market-Wide Acknowledgment and Credibility in Product Safety and Quality
The GS is a must have mark when selling products in Germany and throughout the EU. The GS mark is considered a symbol of product safety and quality. Buyers in the EU are often willing to pay a premium for GS marked products, verses a product bearing CE alone.
- The GS or “Geprüfte Sicherheit” (Tested Safety) Mark is a voluntary certification mark based on the German Equipment and Product Safety Act (GPSG) and indicates a product’s compliance to German or European safety standards.
- Recognized worldwide even in the supply chain, the GS Mark is issued upon the completion of a testing and production inspection program and will remain valid on the condition that an annual inspection is carried out.
- Obtaining the trusted GS mark demonstrates your commitment to consumer protection and enhances consumer’s confidence in your products.
- Seen as a step above CE since GS denotes third party testing and a manufacturers commitment to quality.
- Testing that exceeds the legal minimum.
GS Mark Product Categories
- Consumer Electronics
- Household Devices
- Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Products for Small Children
- Personal Protective Equipment